From 1 April
The Government will no longer be recommending that certain venues use the NHS Covid Pass. The NHS Covid Pass will remain available within the NHS App for a limited period, to support the use of certification in other parts of the UK. The NHS App will continue to allow individuals access to their vaccination status for international travel.
NHS Covid Pass: what is it and how do I get one?
The NHS Covid Pass allows you to show others the details of your Covid-19 status in a secure way:
- when travelling abroad to some countries or territories
- for entry to some venues or events, in other parts of the UK, who may still choose to require proof of Covid-19 status as a condition of entry to reduce risk for attendees and staff
You can get an NHS Covid Pass:
- digitally through the NHS App or online via NHS.UK
- as a letter sent to you in the post
- a valid text or email confirmation from NHS Test and Trace can also be used as proof that you have completed a negative PCR test or negative rapid lateral flow test within the past 48 hours
You can find out the eligibility requirements on the website.
The NHS App is not the same as the NHS COVID-19 App.